This online course is an introductory but in-depth look at nutrition and its effect on our body, as seen through the eyes of natural medicine.
During this 3 week online course (2 webinars per week: M/W evenings), we will cover topics directly related to food and health. Topics of this 3-week intensive, topics will include:
• Macronutrients – how carbohydrates, fats and proteins function in the body, the healthy and unhealthy body, to include optimal weight and eating disorders
• Micronutrients – micronutrient metabolic pathways and interactions, as well as signs and symptoms of deficiency and excess
• Food and Mood – Behavioral Nutrition
• Nutritional deficiencies signs in hair, skin, nails and elsewhere
• Nutritional guidelines for pregnancy, breast-feeding, infants, children and menopause
• Weight management, hypo- and hyperglycemia, hyperinsulinemia, elimination diet, specialty diets (e.g. GAPS, Paleo, Specific Carbohydrate Diet, etc.)
• The effects of nutritional toxins in the 1st world environment (e.g. hormones, antibiotics, sodium fluoride, pollution, chlorine, etc.)
This 3-week course is the online portion of the Nutrition Common Module of the Herbal Medic Intermediate Clinical Course. The complement to this course will be taught hands-on during the on-campus, common module week.
All webinars are recorded and available to you whether you are able to make an evening webinar or not. Recordings, notes and other documentation will be available by login in the online classroom.
For those students in the intermediate clinical course, there will be a final exam at the end of this online section.
Dates: 3/30 through 4/22, 2015
Monday/Wednesday evenings, 7 to 9 pm
Location: This is an online course, and is fully interactive.
Pre-Requisites: none, although Herbal Medics Level 1 is recommended.
Tuition: $110 for the 3-week course.
How To Register:
To use a credit card, visit Square
To use Paypal, visit our Meetup page
To pay using a check, money order or cash, please email us at: