The focus of this training is unique for Doula Certification Courses. The Human Path Doula/Emergency Birth Worker Course is more than the practical skills and knowledge to support a woman during pregnancy, birth and postpartum. Additionally, this course covers the Emergency Birth Worker role and herbal support during the childbearing year. For full certification requirements, please read below.
Goals of The Human Path Doula/Birth Worker Training:
- Create Doulas who are prepared to support their community. At the completion of the course THP Doula will be ready to start working as a doula as an independent or with an organization/group for income or as a volunteer.
- Create Doula/Herbalists who are proficient in herbal support during the childbearing year. At the completion of the course THP Doula will be able to provide herbal counseling for women during the childbearing year.
- Create Emergency Birth Workers who are ready and trained to support their community during a disaster or SHTF situation. At completion of the program THP Doula will be able to provide Disaster Relief as a Doula/Emergency Birth Worker
- Create a group of Doula/Emergency Birth Workers who are willing to assist at The Human Path relief programs. At the completion of the course THP Doula will be able to assist in THP programs.
Those who successfully complete the program will be prepared to provide Doula support to a woman and her family during prenatal, birth and postpartum. As the graduate will have a strong foundation as an herbalist specializing in the childbearing year, herbal services can be intertwined with services as a Doula.
DOULA MODULE 2 – (interactive live webinar on-line) 5-weeks – (T/TH evenings 7-9pm central time)
The primary subjects covered include:
- Support in the Hospital Setting – collaborative care, politics of pain management, VBACs, local policies, interventions, care levels available. Working with care providers in hospital setting.
- Unusual Birth or Unplanned Outcomes including Cesarean support, Unusual Family support, Stillborns, Difficult Labors, Difficult clients, Water births, Home birth transports, Grief support.
- Postpartum Doula Support – Postnatal care and support, Postpartum Doula work, Birth Stories, Immediate Postpartum Support. Comfort techniques, doula role during the immediate postpartum.
- Newborn Care Beyond Diapers and Newborn Nutrition. Newborn basic care in first few weeks after birth. Breastfeeding basics for Doulas review
- Business of Being a Doula – Best practices, target markets, networking, interviewing, finances, review of paperwork recommended, etc. Your Birth as a Doula.
Mentoring with Midwife and Herbalist Katia LeMone: (2 hours) one-to-one mentoring by phone or Skype with Katia.
Module 2 is a 5-week online as part of The Human Path Doula Certification Program.
Classes are held via live webinar. All webinars are recorded and available for download usually by the end of the next day in the Online Classroom (along with other course documents). Student will have full access to the Online Classroom throughout the course where recorded webinars, documents, videos and other class resources are posted through the class.
Students will have full access to recorded webinars, documents, videos and resources through the online classroom and for 30 days after the last class.
Doula Module 1, 9/22 – 10/22
Doula Module 3, 1/15 – 1/17/16
Online Herbal Medic Basic Course, Fall course begins the week of September 15th.
Pregnancy through Emergency Birth (Meconium Hit the Fan Birth Worker) Online Webinar
The full Doula Program is listed online. Look at the program and upcoming dates for this> Full Doula Program
Additional classes offered:
Women’s Herbal Health: Maiden to Crone Herbal Medicine
Pregnancy through emergency Birth (MHTF – Meconium Hit the Fan)
Dates: 11/3 – 12/10 (no class 11/24 & 26), with 12/15 & 12/17 set aside as make-up dates.
Tuesday/Thursday evenings, 7 to 9 pm central time
Location: This is an online course, and is fully interactive.
Tuition: $200 for the 5-week course. *Early Bird special $175 if paid by 11/1
Module 2 (5 week course): $200. Early Bird Tuition is $175 until 11/1/15.
*Completion of all 3 modules and course requirements will carry a Doula certification from The Human Path Doula Program in coordination with “All Natural Birth”, led by midwife and herbalist, Katia LeMone.
How To Register:
To pay using Paypal, visit our Meetup page.
To register with a check, money order or cash, please email us at: