APOTHECARIST ON-SITE INTENSIVES:
This is a 3-day on-site intensive for students to have even greater depth of training in certain specialty areas. These are designed for herbal medicine makers that would like to create a product line or specialize in a certain area of herbal preparations, for health care providers looking for new approaches to healthy living or anyone fascinated with the concept of providing nutrient-dense food to those in need.
Food As Medicine:
This is very different than any cooking or any herbal medicine class you’ll find, as it is a marriage of both! Over 3 days, this course will cover everything you’ll need to feel comfortable working in a brand-new way using food as your medicinal tool!
- Setting up a safe kitchen at home or in the field. Basic food safety.
- Move towards Better; Meet people where they are–including yourself. Food is part of a system for balance, by nourishing the body with nutrient dense foods and eliminating harmful foods, we put the body in a position to better assimilate everything we put into it, from food to medicines.
- Making Sense of Food Systems: Ayerveda, TCM, Blue Zones, “Traditional” foods (Weston A. Price)
- Western Pattern Diet: Define; Why is it a Problem?
- Food Ethics: Why is this important to consider? Watch Chef’s Table, Episode 2 if possible
- Culinary Materia Medica: Herbs commonly used in the kitchen and what they do for the body.
- Healing Recipes: Yogurt rice; “I’m Sick” tea, condiments, beverages, etc.
- Learn to Cook: (Re)Educating the Palette
- Hands on Activities: Healing Fermentation
- Seasonings and condiments
- Making therapeutic stocks
- Tastings of medicinal foods!
This 3-day course is part of the Apothecarist program but is open to the public for enrollment.
Dates: February 1 – 3rd, 2019.
LODGING: camping is free to any enrolled student, at our 50-acre campus. There are also hotels within a 10-minute drive of the campus in the 78260 zip code.
Tuition: Tuition for this 3 day workshop is $320, with the option to pay a $160 deposit and the balance ($160) separately.
Students can purchase tuition bundles. Pricing is as follows:
Individual On-Site Courses: $320 each
Basic On-Site Discount: Pay for three on-site intensives of your choice and save 10%. $855 (saves $105)
To view eligible courses, click here.
For a cash discount, we accept checks and money orders. For information, just send us an email here:
We look forward to seeing you in class! You can review our tuition policies here: http://www.herbalmedics.university/about-us/tuition-policies/