ADVANCED INTENSIVE: THERAPEUTIC ESSENTIAL OIL DISTILLATION AND INFUSIONS
**IMPORTANT NOTE – Due to the ongoing COVID-19 health concerns, this intensive will be offered online with a thumb drive of lessons, materials, containers and herbs mailed out to enrolled students. This will be followed with a live interactive training session with instructors.
REGISTRATION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL AUGUST 31st.
WHAT IS THE ADVANCED ESSENTIAL OILS DISTILLATION INTENSIVE?
This is 24 hours of online intensive materials for students to have even greater depth of training in certain specialty areas, followed by a live interaction session with instructors. These are designed for apothecarists that would like to create a product line, specialize in a certain area of herbal preparations, or to set up a home apothecary. The intensive will have advanced materials not covered in the main online 12-week external course. The External Medicine online is recommended before doing the Advanced Essential Oils Distillation intensive.
* * * *
Therapeutic Essential Oil Distillation and Infusions: With the recent surge in popularity of essential oils comes the questions regarding safety, processes and therapeutic applications. This intensive will cover the step-by-step process of distilling your own botanicals at home for therapeutic use, making hydrosols and the best ways to bring this intense powerful tool into your apothecary.
Enrolled students will receive a thumb drive of lessons, tutorials, recipes and new advanced-level resources along with an herbal care package of wildcrafted herbs, product materials and supplies and containers mailed to them.
*Students have the option of purchasing a distillation unit for this course when we do a school group buy.
During the advanced intensive, students will get hands-on training with:
• Learning safety practices for working with essential oils and hydrosols
• Working with wildcrafted medicinal herbs for use in distillation
• Set up of distillation equipment
• A home set-up for distilling in your kitchen
• Distilling of medicinal therapeutic-grade essential oils at home
• Hydrosols: creation and storage and usage
• Packaging and storage of essential oils for use or sale
• Discussing carrier oils and how to make your own
• Essential oil blends and formulas
• Applications of oils in products
• Several different methods of essential oil distillations
• Working with various forms of botanical materials for a distillation