ON-SITE INTENSIVE: INTERNAL PREPARATIONS
This is a 3-day on-site intensive for students to have even greater depth of training in certain specialty areas. These are designed for apothecarists that would like to create a product line or specialize in a certain area of herbal preparations.
Food As Medicine:
- Setting up a safe kitchen at home or in the field. Basic food safety.
- Move towards Better; Meet people where they are–including yourself. Food is part of a system for balance, by nourishing the body with nutrient dense foods and eliminating harmful foods, we put the body in a position to better assimilate everything we put into it, from food to medicines.
- Making Sense of Food Systems: Ayerveda, TCM, Blue Zones, “Traditional” foods (Weston A. Price)
- Western Pattern Diet: Define; Why is it a Problem?
- Food Ethics: Why is this important to consider? Watch Chef’s Table, Episode 2 if possible
- Culinary Materia Medica: Herbs commonly used in the kitchen and what they do for the body.
- Healing Recipes: Yogurt rice; “I’m Sick” tea, condiments, beverages, etc.
- Learn to Cook: (Re)Educating the Palette
- Hands on Activities: Healing Fermentation
This 3-day course is part of the Apothecarist program but is open to the public for enrollment.
How To Register:
To use a credit card, visit our Square store
To use paypal, visit our Meetup page.
To register using a check, cash or money order, send us an email at:
The Apothecarist Program Details:
The Apothecarist Program is an 18-month intensive study program (both online and on-site) that explores the processes of making herbal products as a profession. In addition to the history of the apothecary trade, students will get extensive training in the making of both internal and external herbal preparations as well as important product regulation information every practicing apothecarist should know.
The program is divided into (2) interactive online sections and a total of (5) on-site intensives.
To receive the Apothecarist Certificate, students must complete both online sections and a minimum of 3 of the 5 offered on-site intensives.
PRE-REQUISITE: To enroll, students must have completed either the on-site Herbal Medic Level 1 program, or the Herbal Medic Basic online course. To take the December on-site intensive, students must be completing the online Internal Applications course.