Primitive Hunter Gatherer Level 2 Course is a 5-Day complete immersion course that follows the 5-Day Hunter Gatherer Level 1 complete immersion course (12/1 – 12/5) and the Solo Experience (12/6 – 12/7). For students that have already completed Level 1 and the Solo Experience, studies will begin on 12/8.
During our 2 week immersion through both our level 1 and level 2 hunter gatherer experience, you will be challenged to learn and experience the world of survival in a way that will help you not only learn to survive, but to fully engage and thrive in your natural environment, while also experiencing a deeper connection to the natural world that sustains us.
Additionally, you will be placed into a situation where your survival skills are tested.
The full level 1 and level 2 experience together is a 24/7 immersion program that starts on Monday morning and finishes Sunday at noon with a one-night break in between level 1 and level 2.
During this immersion course you will be allowed to bring some basic survival items, but one at a time these will be taken away as you rapidly develop primitive skills and learn to move from mentality of “surviving” to “thriving” in the wilderness.
LEVEL 2 COURSE:
After part of an afternoon and one night off, those who are taking level 2 hunter gatherer will be able to immerse themselves in 7 more days of intensive primitive skills training starting Monday morning. Level 2 will include:
· Drying, smoking & preserving meats; pemmican making
· Advanced Stone Tool work
· Improving Level 1 skills as we practice them daily
· Advanced food preparation/cooking techniques
· Large Game harvesting and preparation
· Bone tool making (tweezers, fish hooks, awls, arrowheads)
· Wildlife tracking (identifying tracks and sign found in the field)
· Natural navigation (circumpolar, landmarks, celestial)
· Yucca basketry (twined, checker weave, & coil techniques)
· Brain tanning demonstration (graining, fleshing, braining, softening, smoking)
· Survival on the move – the walkabout and understanding new ecosystems. Taking our primitive camp to new locations.
Pre-requisites: Hunter Gatherer Level 1 and the Solo Testing Experience
Tuition Breakdown for the Course:
COURSE NAME COURSE PRICE
Hunter Gatherer Level 1 (5-day) (12/1-12/5) $550
Hunter Gatherer Level 1 (re-do) (12/1 – 12/5) $250
Solo Testing Experience (2-day) (12/6 – 12/7) $100
Hunter Gatherer Level 2 (7-day) (12/8 – 12/14) $550
The Hunter Gatherer Immersion Program offers a discount for taking the full course from 12/1 through 12/14.
To find out more, visit the Immersion Studies page here.
How To Register for Level 2:
To use a credit card, visit our Square Store
To use Paypal, visit the meetup page
To register using a check or money order, just send us an email here: