During our 2 week immersion through both our level 1 and level 2 hunter gatherer experience, you will be challenged to learn and experience the world of survival in a way that will help you not only learn to survive, but to fully engage and thrive in your natural environment, while also experiencing a deeper connection to the natural world that sustains us.
Additionally, you will be placed into a situation where your survival skills are tested.
The full level 1 and level 2 experience together is a 24/7 immersion program that starts on Monday morning [11/30] and finishes Sunday at noon [12/13] with a one-night break in between level 1, the Solo Experience testing, and level 2.
During this immersion course you will be allowed to bring some basic survival items, but one at a time these will be taken away as you rapidly develop primitive skills and learn to move from mentality of “surviving” to “thriving” in the wilderness.
The first 5 days of this immersion experience are spent learning and refining the core skills of the hunter gatherer both from the physical perspective as mental and cultural.
In a highly hands-on, 24/7 environment, you will learn and improve your skills in the areas of:
· Survival strategies
· Basic Stone tool manufacturing (flint knapping)
· Fire making (bow drill, hand drill, fire plow, tinder, structures, etc.)
· Natural cordage (leaves, bark, rootlets, animal sinew)
· Water (locating, collecting, purifying and storing)
· Survival shelter (natural, debris hut, wiki up)
· Useful plants of Texas (identification and harvest of wild edibles and simple medicinals)
· Primitive hunting & trapping (throwing sticks, survival bows, deadfalls, snares, etc.)
· Primitive fishing techniques (spears, weirs, hooks, line and nets)
· Skinning, cleaning and preparing wild game (ex: crayfish, fish, birds, small game such as squirrel, porcupine, rabbit and raccoon)
· Basic Primitive cooking techniques
Pre-Requisites: If you have not already completed courses at the school, you must consult with staff before registering.
Tuition Breakdown for the Course:
COURSE NAME COURSE PRICE
Hunter Gatherer Level 1 (5-day) (11/30 – 12/4) $550
Hunter Gatherer Level 1 (re-do) (11/30 – 12/4) $250
Solo Testing Experience (2-day) (12/5 – 12/6) $100
Hunter Gatherer Level 2 (7-day) (12/7 – 12/13) $700
The Hunter Gatherer Immersion Program offers a discount for taking the full course from 11/30 through 12/13.
To find out more, visit the Immersion Studies page here.
How To Register for Level 1:
To use a credit card, visit our Square Store
To use Paypal, visit our meetup page
To register with a check or money order, just email us here: