*This is a 4-week long online interactive course, held twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Would you be prepared for an emergency birth situation whether post-disaster, en-route to the hospital or even at home?
Join Katia LeMone, a licensed, herbal midwife with experience in over 600 births – many in completely remote, 4th world environments around the world – as she steps you through the processes involved in having a safe, healthy birth no matter what the situation around you might be.
Whether you are enhancing your own medical and herbal knowledge or you want to be more prepared for a birth at home (or enroute to the hospital) or you simply want to be able to help yourself, family, friends or anyone in a post-disaster situation, this 4-week online course is an amazing introduction to the skills and information you need between pre-natal and post-partum in an unexpected, post-disaster or even emergency situation.
When the Meconium Hits the Fan (MHTF) Online Course consists of 4 weeks of online instruction with two, 2-hour lectures per week for a total of 16 hours. This course also includes numerous downloads and documents. All power point presentation slides and supporting documentation is available in an online-classroom setting. All lectures are recorded and stored in the classroom for your own personal download later or if you missed the evening’s lecture. The classroom includes a forum where you can ask questions, and the interactive webinar allows you to also pose questions and chat with other students during the lectures. All you need is an internet connection and a browser.
The curriculum of this course is packed with information, to include:
· Instruction and resources on Basic Pregnancy/Birth/Postpartum Care in SHTF Situation
· The basics for Prenatal Care, Emergency Childbirth and Postpartum Care
· The most common problems/complaints of pregnancy for each trimester
· Lifestyle, nutritional and herbal recommendations
· Preparation and basics of Emergency Birth will be covered
· The most common complications of pregnancy.
· A materia medica of the herbs used during the childbearing year
· A prenatal repertory, and supporting handouts and web links.
· Scenario that allows you and your classmates to plan for and successfully negotiate a real-world post-disaster scenario online
PLUS all students will receive in the mail a basic childbirth herbal kit
This includes 1 ounce each of the following herbal formulas:
· Inshallah Miscarriage Formula
· Labor Enhancer Formula
· Stop Bleed Formula
· Placenta Out Formula
*This course is a stand-alone class as well as a requirement for the Doula/Emergency Birth Worker Certification through The Human Path.
*NOTE: If taking this course for the certification, additional assignments will be required. Please understand this course is not meant as a primer for DIY Home-birthers. It is meant as a training for Emergency Birth.
Dates: 7/2 through 7/28, 2015
Tuesday/Thursday evenings, 7 to 9 pm
Location: This is an online course, and is fully interactive.
Tuition: $199 for the 4-week course.
How To Register
To use a credit card, visit our Square store.
To use Paypal, visit our Meetup page.
To register with a check or money order, send an email to: