This 3-week formulation course will help you refine and develop your formulating techniques for botanical medicine making. During this course, Sam Coffman will step through a history of formulation and arrive at his own pathophysiology-based formulation theory.
As a class, we will walk through actual case studies along with the follow-up and validate a formulation theory that can be used as a structural foundation for any and all clinical approaches to botanical medicine from a Western point of view.
Student will learn:
- Multiple approaches to creating botanical formulas in the clinic, the field or for the home herbalist.
- Dosage and toxicity will be a part of the learning structure as well.
- In addition to formulation theory, Sam will also share his formulas and derivatives for a starting point for many acute and chronic conditions that are common in American clinics
- The course will include formulation homework and quizzes to help assess student progress
- A choice of case studies will be presented for students to formulate on as a practical exercise and final grade