This is a live interactive 2-hour workshop that includes herbs shipped to students within the US. You can participate from anywhere you have an internet connection! You do NOT need to be in our area to take this workshop!
Become your own barkeep & learn to make tasty and medicinal herbal cordials & elixirs from herbs, culinary spices and fresh ingredients. Handmade elixirs and cordials are superior to commercial and excessively sweetened preparations, made at a fraction of the cost, and these will be medicinal to top it off!
Students will learn:
- Two different hands-on recipes to create an aromatic blend as well as a decadent formulation for the senses
- Different techniques used to effectively infuse the elixirs
- A materia medica of chosen herbs for their medicinal benefits
- Using cordials at your dinner table: Discussion of aperitifs and digestifs
- How to use locally available plants & aromatic spices to create custom elixirs
- An Apothecarist Recipe Log with pdf handouts of elixir ideas to try out!
All preparations we make in this workshop are designed to be made in the home kitchen. Students will need basic kitchen gear like a saucepan/heat source, spoons, bowls, storing jars for the preparations, cheesecloth, strainers, etc. A list of exact materials will go out prior to the live class for students who want to make their elixirs and cordials during the session!
What We Send You: We send out a box prior to the workshop with ethically wildcrafted herbs and materials you will need for the workshop. Herbs are only shipped within the US. International shipping is not available for this workshop. International students can request a list of the herbs that we are sending out!