This is a 2-hour workshop that will cover what end of life care is like, what to expect, and how to provide compassionate care using herbs. As an herbalist, caregiver, or any provider who may work with those at the end of life, this workshop offers clarity and guidance.
• Lets talk about the difference between hospice and palliative care
• How you might see this in your herbal practice
• Physiological & emotional changes
• How to communicate at the end of life
• End of life decisions
• What are the rights of a person at the end of life
• Advance Directives, Living Wills and Last Wishes
• Coping with caregiving
• The role of a death doula
• Using touch as therapeutic connection
• An herbal materia medica
If you have experienced accompanying someone on this difficult journey, are caregiving someone in their final years or want to learn this knowledge for yourself or other loved ones, I will guide you through a supportive workshop that answers many common but difficult questions that may be overlooked in a healthcare setting.
This workshop will include resources and PDF materials that can be downloaded in addition to the live lecture.