Pediatric Herbalism 2020
04/02/2020 - 8:00 AM - 05/07/2020 - 5:00 PM| $350 – $400
PEDIATRIC HERBAL MEDICINE COURSE
This is an online course. You do not need to be physically present in our location to take this course. You can take this anywhere you are that has an internet connection! Registration will remain open until May 7th, 2020.
During this 10-week on-line course (2 recorded interactive webinars each week, 1 live class, and downloadable class documents each week for a total of 30 classes) on how to keep children healthy with herbal medicines. We will cover everything from head lice to toe fungus from infants to adolescents. We will cover herbal protocols for common childhood issues, how to determine by observation and simple tools when a condition can be dealt with by herbs and when it necessitates a visit to the pediatrician.
The Pediatric Herbal Medicine course will cover:
– Wellness for Children – the physical exam for babies, toddlers and small children. Tips when working with children.
– Children’s Herbal Medicine Cabinet – a basic medicine chest of common remedies for kids.
– Compliance with Kids: Glycerines, teas, honeys, jello and other ways to make the medicine go down.
– Immunity/Infection/Fever and Herbal Remedies
– Common childhood disorders: signs/symptoms/causes medical model treatment/alternative health treatments and herbal remedies
– Diseases that inspire Vaccinations –common and not so common childhood diseases that we vaccinate against. Herbal and other resources.
– Rashes/Bumps/Boo-boos and other skin stuff
– Gut, respiratory, sleep and mood issues in children and herbal remedies
– Materia Medica for working with Children – including dosage, precautions and formulas for the Maternal Child Health Herbalist
– Although not required, an otoscope, a stethoscope and a child to practice on is helpful
As with all classes, there is an online classroom that will have downloads of the lectures, handouts, pictures and activities to help you organize the material.
In this course we will be discussing the many aspects of working as an herbalist with the pediatric population. We will be reviewing common issues and conditions that are unique to children. Herbal formulas and protocols for common childhood complaints will be covered. An appropriate materia medica for each topic will be included with kid-friendly formulas as appropriate.
As a Midwife and Herbalist, Katia has been working with women and children for over 20 years. As she mostly cares for women, she has had many opportunities helping women figure out a sane herbal approach for their children. She includes many of her personal stories and experiences including victories and failures with working with families. A balanced approach to childhood conditions and when to go for herbs and when to go to the pediatrician will be discussed.
This course is suitable for anyone who is interested in raising healthy children and using herbal medicine. The course is also appropriate for anyone who wants to improve their clinically and didactic background with Children’s Health Issues and Herbs. This course is a requirement for the Family Herbalist Program.
Course Start Date: April 2, 2020. Course material will be released each Thursday.
Registration will remain open until May 7th, 2019.
Live class sessions will follow each Wednesday evening, 7 pm, Central time. The first live class is April 8th, 2019.
Mid-term break — No materials released on May 16th and no live class on May 22nd. (Content resumes 5/23 and live class #6 is on 5/29.)
There is a 4-week grace period after the last class week, to allow ample time for downloading content and finishing the course test.
Location: This is an Interactive online course.
Pre-Requisites: none, although Herbal Medics Basic Online is recommended.
The Pediatric Herbal Medicine course is part of the Family Herbalist Program. That includes:
1. Pediatric Herbalism – 40 online hours
2. Maiden, Mother, Crone – Women’s Herb Course – 40 online hours
3. Introduction to Clinical Nutrition — 20 online hours.
4. Herbal Medicine for Professionals — 50+ online hours + additional documents, downloads & student work.
To register with a check, money order or cash, please email us at:
You can review our tuition policies here: https://herbalmedics.academy/about-us/tuition-policies/