Pediatric Herbal Medicine 2018
April 12 - 8:00 AM - June 27 - 5:00 PM| $295 - $325
This is an online course. You can take this anywhere you have an internet connection. You do not have to be present in our area to take the course!
PEDIATRIC HERBAL MEDICINE COURSE
During this 10-week on-line course (2 recorded interactive webinars each week, 1 live class, and downloadable class documents each week for a total of 30 classes) on how to keep children healthy with herbal medicines. We will cover everything from head lice to toe fungus from infants to adolescents. We will cover herbal protocols for common childhood issues, how to determine by observation and simple tools when a condition can be dealt with by herbs and when it necessitates a visit to the pediatrician.
The Pediatric Herbal Medicine course will cover:
– Wellness for Children – the physical exam for babies, toddlers and small children. Tips when working with children.
– Children’s Herbal Medicine Cabinet – a basic medicine chest of common remedies for kids.
– Compliance with Kids: Glycerines, teas, honeys, jello and other ways to make the medicine go down.
– Immunity/Infection/Fever and Herbal Remedies
– Common childhood disorders: signs/symptoms/causes medical model treatment/alternative health treatments and herbal remedies
– Diseases that inspire Vaccinations –common and not so common childhood diseases that we vaccinate against. Herbal and other resources.
– Rashes/Bumps/Boo-boos and other skin stuff
– Gut, respiratory, sleep and mood issues in children and herbal remedies
– Materia Medica for working with Children – including dosage, precautions and formulas for the Maternal Child Health Herbalist
– Although not required, an otoscope, a stethoscope and a child to practice on is helpful
As with all classes, there is an online classroom that will have downloads of the lectures, handouts, pictures and activities to help you organize the material.
In this course we will be discussing the many aspects of working as an herbalist with the pediatric population. We will be reviewing common issues and conditions that are unique to children. Herbal formulas and protocols for common childhood complaints will be covered. An appropriate materia medica for each topic will be included with kid-friendly formulas as appropriate.
As a Midwife and Herbalist, Katia has been working with women and children for over 20 years. As she mostly cares for women, she has had many opportunities helping women figure out a sane herbal approach for their children. She includes many of her personal stories and experiences including victories and failures with working with families. A balanced approach to childhood conditions and when to go for herbs and when to go to the pediatrician will be discussed.
This course is suitable for anyone who is interested in raising healthy children and using herbal medicine. The course is also appropriate for anyone who wants to improve their clinically and didactic background with Children’s Health Issues and Herbs. This course is a requirement for the Family Herbalist Program.
Course Start Date: April 12, 2018. Course material will be released each Thursday.
Live class sessions will follow each Wednesday evening, 7 pm, Central time. The first live class is April 18, 2018.
Mid-term break — No materials released on May 17th and no live class on May 23rd. (Content resumes 5/24 and live class #6 is on 5/30.)
Location: This is an Interactive online course.
Pre-Requisites: none, although Herbal Medics Basic Online is recommended.
Tuition: Early Bird tuition available until March 31, 2018 for $295.
Regular tuition is $325.
* * * * *
The Pediatric Herbal Medicine course is part of the Family Herbalist Program. That includes:
1. Pediatric Herbal Medicine – 40 online hours
2. Maiden, Mother, Crone Women’s Herbal Medicine course – 40 online hours
3. Functional Medicine & Nutrition 1 — 20 online hours.
4. Herbal Medic Basic Online Course — 50+ online hours + additional documents, downloads & student work.
To register with a check, money order or cash, please email us at: