LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FAMILY HERBALIST PROGRAM
The use of herbs during pregnancy is always a topic of discussion. Herbalists and lay folks alike are often uncomfortable with herbs during the childbearing year.
Join Katia LeMone, Certified Professional Midwife and Herbalist as she explores the world of herbs and women during this miraculous time in a woman’s life.
As a midwife, Katia has utilized herbs for over 25 years with pregnant women out of necessity as often safe pharmaceuticals were not available. Since 2014 she has been working in Mexico with a community that prefers natural medicine to which has opened doors to utilizing herbs with even more women.
Who is this course for?
- If you want to feel more comfortable using herbs during pregnancy
- If you would like feel more qualified in answering concerns about herbs during pregnancy
- If you are working with women and want to serve pregnant, birthing, and lactating women
Herbs for Midwives, Doulas, & Birth Workers and the 5-Week Austere & Disaster Birthworkers course are a requirement of both the Family Herbalist and Earthwise Doula Certification program.
Topics covered in this class:
- Preconception and Herbs – Fertility
- Prenatal Issues and Herbal Remedies by trimester
- Birth and Herbs
- Herbs during the Postpartum
- Herbs during Lactation
- Safety of Herbs during Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum including Lactation (covered with each topic and herb discussed)
The curriculum of this course is packed with information, to include:
- Weekly recordings on the above topics
- Weekly Live Q and A session
- A materia medica of the herbs used during the childbearing year
- A prenatal repertory
- Formulas that are appropriate during the childbearing year
Topics in this course will be limited to those situations and conditions that can be helped by herbal or lifestyle recommendation. The condition will be explained and herbs and formulas where appropriate will be discussed. A materia medica lecture will be included each week.