Understanding Herbal Constituents & Plant Chemistry is now available in ten online modules. Each module is three weeks long and can be taken independently one at a time, or as the full program.
A practical introduction to the world of phytochemistry in the context of medicinal plants and clinical botanical medicine. Learn how to understand molecules, bonding, polarity, and other phenomena behind the actions of herbal constituents. For all levels of experience with chemistry.
Module 1 Details:
- Descriptive phytochemistry for practitioners & educators
- Elements & bonds in phytochemicals
- Structure & representations of molecules
- Determinants & consequences of polarity in extractions & actions
- Stereochemistry & isomers (enantiomers, cis/trans isomers, etc.)
- Functional groups & their polarities – how they affect solubility
- Rings, ring systems & naming
This three week module includes:
- Two 2-hour recorded webinars with Lisa Ganora
- One live Q & A session with Lisa Ganora
- Seven videos (from live classes)
- Two PowerPoint presentations
- One detailed handout on functional groups
- Six detailed study guides
- Two quizzes
- Two assignments
- Access to live Office Hours & Discussion Forum
Please contact us via email if you would like to send in your tuition payment or enroll in the full program!
Digital certificates are issued for successful completion of each module with homework and quizzes completed and passed.
A full program certificate is mailed out for successful completion of all ten modules’ course materials and tests.