Simple, Delicious, Fresh Cheese.
Do you think making cheese is a complicated, mysterious, and labor-intensive process? Would you like to make you own cheese but don’t know where to begin (and might a little intimidated too)? Start here!
This class will give you a base of knowledge to work from and break down cheese-making to its most basic tools and practices to create a variety of cheeses in an hour or less! This class will consist of a little bit of lecture, and then we’ll make (and eat) a couple of cheeses so you can see how easy it really can be.
You will learn:
•What equipment is used for cheesemaking
• How to make your own cheese from just a couple of ingredients
• What materials you can improvise with to make your own gear
• Some creative ideas you can use for flavorful cheese once you know the basics.
• Basic differences in types of milk that can make different types of cheeses.
• Learn about how making cheese is a food preservation method.
Freshly made cheese snacks will be made and served in this 3-hour class.
Date: March 7, 9 am – 12:00 pm.
Class Size: Limited to 10
Location: The Human Path Outdoor Campus, San Antonio
Tuition: $35, includes freshly created cheese to snack on during the class.
How To Register:
This class is full.