During this 10-week online course (2 recorded webinars each week, one live Q&A session weekly with Katia LeMone, and downloadable class documents each week for a total of 20 classes) you will learn the herbal protocols for female reproductive issues.
– Wise Woman Traditions and Women’s Health
– Menstrual Health – the normal cycle and variations. Issues related to Menstrual health
– Vaginal Health (including issues such as yeast, candida, herpes, cervical dysplasia, sexually transmitted infections)
– Breast Health (including fibrocystic breasts)
– Female Endocrine System Healing
– Female Reproductive issues (Fibroids, PCOS, Endometriosis and Infertility Issues)
– Herbal Guidance for Auto-immune diseases (including Gut Health for Ladies and Pain Management)
· Wise Woman Health (including issues of Peri-menopause and Menopause)
· Materia Medica appropriate for Women
(THIS COURSE WILL NOT COVER PREGNANCY/BIRTH/POSTPARTUM – which is covered in the Pregnancy and Emergency Birth Online Course)
As with all classes, there is an online classroom that will have downloads of the lectures, handouts, pictures and activities to help you organize the material.
In this course we will be discussing the many aspects of working as an herbalist with a predominantly female population. We will be reviewing common issues and conditions that are unique to women. Herbal formulas and protocols for female health and common disorders will be explored along with appropriate materia medica for each topic.
As a Midwife and Herbalist, Katia has been working with women for over 20 years. Her focus has always been on women’s health. She includes many of her personal stories and experiences including victories and failures with working with women and improving their health.
The Wise Woman Traditions will be honored throughout this course with an emphasis on listening to women and their stories as a healing modality. This course attempts start the participant on a different journey with plants and women.
Materia medica traditionally used for female health will be presented along with the herbal scientific studies.
This course is appropriate for anyone who is interested in becoming more clinically proficient with Women’s Health Issues and Herbs. This course is a requirement for Maternal Child Health Herbalist Path.
Dates: Course begins the week of January 18, 2018.
A live interactive Q&A session will be scheduled each Wednesday with instructor Katia LeMone. The first live class is 1/24/18.
Mid term break – no content released on 2/22 and no live class on 2/28. Content will resume on 3/1 and live class #6 is 3/7.
Location: This is an Interactive online course.
Pre-Requisites: none, although Herbal Medics Level 1 is recommended.
TUITION: Regular tuition is $325
Early Bird Tuition is available until December 31, 2017 for $295.
* * * * *
The Maiden, Mother, Crone course is part of the Family Herbalist Program. That includes:
1. Pregnancy and Emergency Childbirth, (the Meconium Hits the Fan) – 16 online class hours.
2. Pediatric Herbal Medicine – 40 online hours.
4. Clinical Nutrition Funamentals: 10 Wk online course with Kyla Helm, MD.
There are two bundled pricing discounts for the full Family Herbalist Program tuition.