This is an online course. You can take this anywhere you have an internet connection. You do not have to be present in our area to take the course!
This 3-week online course will help you refine and develop your formulating techniques for botanical medicine making. During this course, Sam Coffman will step through a history of formulation and arrive at his own pathophysiology-based formulation theory.
As a class, we will walk through actual case studies along with the follow-up and validate a formulation theory that can be used as a structural foundation for any and all clinical approaches to botanical medicine from a Western point of view.
Student will learn:
- Multiple approaches to creating botanical formulas in the clinic, the field or for the home herbalist.
- Dosage and toxicity will be a part of the learning structure as well.
- In addition to formulation theory, Sam will also share his formulas and derivatives for a starting point for many acute and chronic conditions that are common in American clinics
- Online classes will include formulation homework and quizzes to help assess student progress
- A choice of case studies will be presented for students to formulate on as a practical exercise and final grade
Starting in 2019, this course will be required as part of the Clinical Botanical Medicine, Family Herbalist and Apothecarist botanical medicine making programs.
Pre-requisites: none, however we recommend completion of the Herbal Medicine for Professionals course or its equivalent from another school.
Class Credit Hours: 6
Class Dates: We will release course materials each Sunday for 3 weeks, beginning on June 24, until July 8, 2018. There will be 2 scheduled live classes as well, and students will be notified of those times.
Early Bird Tuition is $65 until June 1, 2018.
To pay with cash, checks, or money orders send us an email here:
You can review our tuition policies here: http://www.herbalmedics.university/about-us/tuition-policies/