Finally – a firearms course that teaches ALL the basics that everyone should know, yet few people do.
Experience firearms preparedness from A to Z. By the end of this (Part 1) course you will understand the basics of selecting, handling and maintaining your own firearms. You will understand differences in ballistics and ammunition, zeroing your weapons, and how to break down, maintain and reassemble various handguns and rifles. Finally, you will have a chance to handle and work with several various types of pistols and rifles, and get a feel for what works best for you.
Many people either want to or have purchased firearms but don’t have a good opportunity to learn the basics of firearms handling and maintenance, as well as get an idea of what firearms will work well for them personally (size, feel, etc.). Additionally, they may not understand what is involved in basic firearms maintenance of each of those firearms (field stripping, maintenance and reassembly), what the difference in caliber size means on practical level (usage, availability of ammo, ballistics, etc.) and what the advantages and disadvantages of any given firearm are in regards to preparedness.
Tuition: $50 in advance or $65 at the start of the class.
Take the full weekend (January 17/18th) for $100 or $130 at the start of the class.
More information about the Escape and Evasion class on January 17th
For the full course description, visit our course catalog here
· Intro & Safety Rules
· Grip & Passing Handgun
· Various Pistol Features (single action, double action, single action only, double action only)
· Weaver Grip, Chapman Grip
· Auto loading
· Various safeties (slide lock, de-cocker, back strap, safe action, etc.) – 1911, Browning, Beretta, HK, Sig Sauer, Clock, XD
· Cycle of Operation (stripping, feeding, firing, extraction, ejection)
· Disassembly & Assembly, Function Check
· Round robin exercises
· Mixed parts assembly exercises
· Rifle safety rules & Intro to rifle
· Stance, grip, cheekweld
· Different rifle actions and features (bolt action, semi-auto, pump action shotgun, lever action)
· Disassemble and Assemble exercise
· Ballistics (internal, external, terminal, caliber, kinetic energy & foot pounds)
· Optics and reticles
· Range estimation
· Range estimation exercise
· Solvent vs lubricant
· Improvised methods
· Cleaning kit examples
How To Register:
Tuition is $50 in advance or $65 at the start of the class. The entire weekend course is $100 when paid in advance. (saves $30)
To use a credit card, visit our Square Store.
To use Paypal, visit the meetup page.
To register using a check or money order, just send us an email at: