This weekend course is a Combat Medic elective that is open to everyone.
However, it is also a required “bridge” course for anyone who is taking the Wilderness Herbal First Responder (prior to this course) and the Primitive Core Basic (immediately following this weekend), and wants to receive the Combat Medic Level 1 Certification.
The requirements for 2016 level 1 medic certification can be found HERE and are as follows:
1) Primitive or Urban Core Basic
2) Radio and Commo
3) Community Level Water Purification
Level 1 Herbal Medic + 16 Hour WFA Certification
4) Combat Medic Bridge Course (this course)
5) Tactical Medicine 1
6) One elective of choice
This weekend will require camping over on Saturday night. The course will alternate between technique and exercises. We will be using airsoft and/or paintball and live fire during weapons familiarization.
This is a weekend of physical exertion and training for the Combat Medic. I have done this course in a variety of ways and am trying something new again this year. A mixture of both training and scenarios that will make the training exhilarating but tiring.
This weekend will be focusing on the “Combat” side of the Combat Medic – which is the path of the body, and will include:
• Small Unit Tactics: Airsoft
• Marksmanship under duress and aerobic stress (pellet and possibly live fire)
• Low-light tactics and security
• Introduction to hand-to-hand, knife and stick fighting
• Chi Kung and breathing exercises for healing, body awareness and pain/discomfort tolerance
• Street fighting, standing, clinching and on the ground
• Scenarios: Tactical medical rescues and evacuations, obstacles, team movement exercises and basic first aid.
Tuition is $150 for the 2-day course.
Pairs’ Discount is 2 for $250. (saves $50)
Group discounts are available for groups of 4 or more. Email us for information.
Food is not provided.
HOW TO REGISTER:
To sign up using a credit card, visit our Square store.
To sign up using paypal, visit our Meetup page.
To register with cash, a check or money order, just email us at: