Womens’ Reproductive Health: Take your health into your own hands
11/25/2019 - 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM| $20
This is a 2-hour online interactive workshop that can be taken from anywhere with an internet connection. The live session will be recorded & can be downloaded for personal reference.
Many women feel disconnected from their bodies when it comes to understanding reproductive health and having discussions with health care providers. Mel Bailey, RN and midwife, is leading this informative workshop to give easy access to understanding your personal health.
This workshop will cover:
- The most effective self-breast examination techniques
- Common causes of non-cancerous breast lumps and natural remedies
- Anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory dietary recommendations
- Environmental and lifestyle factors linked to breast cancer
- Pros and cons of various diagnostic testing for breast cancer
- Breast self-massage technique and herbal oil recipe
- Lifestyle recommendations to maintain optimal vaginal health
- Common causes of vaginal itching or burning and natural remedies
- Dietary recommendations to prevent and treat yeast overgrowth
- Addressing vaginal dryness and painful intercourse
- Basics of sexually transmitted infections
- Detecting, preventing and treating urinary tract infections naturally
- Vaginal steaming benefits and how-to
Students taking this workshop will receive a $20 discount on the upcoming Maiden, Mother, Crone course starting in January 2020.
Class Date: November 18th, 7pm central time
THE INSTRUCTOR: Mel Bailey
Mel Bailey is a Midwife, Nurse, Certified Health Coach, Family Herbalist, and Yoga instructor. She is also an Evidence Based Birth Instructor and Evidence Based Birth Childbirth Educator. Mel has been involved in women’s health care for over 20 years, attending her first birth in 1997. She is the Assistant Director of EarthWise Doulas, and an instructor/evaluator at Academia Tierra Sabia Midwifery School in Cuatemoc, Mexico as well as Herbal Medics Academy. Mel is a Gynecological Teaching Associate, training medical students, residents, and physicians in trauma-informed breast and pelvic examinations. Mel is also the founder of Wellness Within, providing personalized wellness guidance to individuals and families during pregnancy, birth & beyond.