The Genitourinary System for Herbalists – 2021
11/01/2021 - 8:00 AM - 11/29/2021 - 5:00 PM| $160
This is an online course. You can take this anywhere you have an internet connection. You do not have to be present in our area to take the course!
The primary goal of this module is to help the herbalist understand the body’s genitourinary system, recognize signs and symptoms of disease of this system and understand approaches in helping it heal.
This 4-week, online course includes two, 2-hour, live classes per week *M/W (which are recorded and then accessible through download as well). During the four weeks we will explore the physiology (and anatomy) of the genitourinary system while also studying pathophysiology (disease processes) throughout this system.
Injury, illness and healing in the body can be more fully understood by studying the tissue (and organs) that are affected. This includes understanding epithelium, smooth muscle, mucosa, connective tissue, lymph and other types of tissue living throughout the genitourinary system. What are some of the most important anatomical landmarks and locations that we should be aware of in responding to genitourinary tract illness and disease? What clinical assessment techniques can we use to help differentiate disease processes? What other organ and physiological systems are crucial to understand in their support of the genitourinary system as it heals?
Topics that will be explored to varying depths in this course include
- Anatomy and Physiology of the genitourinary system
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) (lower and upper urinary tract)
- Bladder control problems (urinary incontinence and urinary retention)
- Yeast infections
- Kidney stones
- Interstitial cystitis
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Understanding common and available urinalysis tests
- Materia Medica (herbs) for the genitourinary tract
Each pathophysiology module now includes an optional medicine making option for all students who want to participate. This will be an exercise that helps students to use their materia medica for the course and create a formula that is specific to what is learned in the course.
Dates: Course begins 11/1/21 – 11/29/21. Registration closes 11/15/21.
- New online webinars, pdfs, documents and videos are uploaded each week.
- There will be two live Q&A sessions scheduled during this course.
- Upon completion of the class and a passing grade on the final test, a completion certificate will be issued.
- There is a 4-week grace period after the last class week, to allow ample time for downloading content and finishing the course test.
Location: This is an online course; you can participate from anywhere you have an internet connection.
For information about paying with cash, checks, or money orders, just send us an email here:
You can review our tuition policies here: https://herbalmedics.academy/about-us/tuition-policies/