The Apothecarist: Food As Medicine 3-Day Intensive January 2018
January 26 - 9:00 AM - January 28 - 1:00 PM| $300
ON-SITE INTENSIVE: INTERNAL PREPARATIONS
This is a 3-day on-site intensive for students to have even greater depth of training in certain specialty areas. These are designed for apothecarists that would like to create a product line or specialize in a certain area of herbal preparations.
Food As Medicine:
- Setting up a safe kitchen at home or in the field. Basic food safety.
- Move towards Better; Meet people where they are–including yourself. Food is part of a system for balance, by nourishing the body with nutrient dense foods and eliminating harmful foods, we put the body in a position to better assimilate everything we put into it, from food to medicines.
- Making Sense of Food Systems: Ayerveda, TCM, Blue Zones, “Traditional” foods (Weston A. Price)
- Western Pattern Diet: Define; Why is it a Problem?
- Food Ethics: Why is this important to consider? Watch Chef’s Table, Episode 2 if possible
- Culinary Materia Medica: Herbs commonly used in the kitchen and what they do for the body.
- Healing Recipes: Yogurt rice; “I’m Sick” tea, condiments, beverages, etc.
- Learn to Cook: (Re)Educating the Palette
- Hands on Activities: Healing Fermentation
This 3-day course is part of the Apothecarist program but is open to the public for enrollment.
To register using a check, cash or money order, send us an email at: