The Apothecarist: Distilling Essential Oils and Hydrosols
05/01/2020 - 8:00 AM - 05/03/2020 - 1:30 PM| $320
ON-SITE INTENSIVE: THERAPEUTIC ESSENTIAL OIL DISTILLATION AND INFUSIONS
This is a 3-day on-site intensive for students to have even greater depth of training in certain specialty areas. These are designed for apothecarists that would like to create a product line or specialize in a certain area of herbal preparations.
Therapeutic Essential Oil Distillation and Infusions: With the recent surge in popularity of essential oils comes the questions regarding safety, processes and therapeutic applications. This intensive will cover the basics of distilling your own botanicals for therapeutic use, making hydrosols and the best ways to bring this intensely powerful tool into your apothecary.
During the 3-day course, students will get hands-on training with:
• Learning safety practices for working with essential oils and hydrosols
• Wildcrafting medicinal herbs for use in distillation
• Distilling of medicinal therapeutic-grade essential oils
• Hydrosols: creation and storage and usage
• Packaging and storage of essential oils for use or sale
• Discussing carrier oils and how to make your own
• Essential oil blends and formulas
• Applications of oils in products
• Several different methods of essential oil distillations
• Working with various forms of botanical materials for a distillation
Dates: May 1st – 3rd, 2020.
Lodging: camping is free to any enrolled student, at our 50-acre campus. There are also hotels within a 10-minute drive of the campus in the 78260 zip code.
Location: Main Classroom, our North San Antonio campus.
*Directions and additional information will be emailed to registered students as we get closer to the course.
For more information on The Apothecarist Program, click here.
For a cash discount, we accept checks and money orders. For information, just send us an email here:
You can review our tuition policies here: https://herbalmedics.academy/about-us/tuition-policies/