ON-SITE INTENSIVE: THERAPEUTIC ESSENTIAL OIL DISTILLATION AND INFUSIONS
**IMPORTANT NOTE – Due to the ongoing COVID-19 health concerns, we will have to confirm all dates as we progress forward. All registered students will be notified when we have solidified official dates for this class.**
This is a 3-day on-site intensive for students to have even greater depth of training in certain specialty areas. These are designed for apothecarists that would like to create a product line or specialize in a certain area of herbal preparations.
Therapeutic Essential Oil Distillation and Infusions: With the recent surge in popularity of essential oils comes the questions regarding safety, processes and therapeutic applications. This intensive will cover the basics of distilling your own botanicals for therapeutic use, making hydrosols and the best ways to bring this intensely powerful tool into your apothecary.
During the 3-day course, students will get hands-on training with:
• Learning safety practices for working with essential oils and hydrosols
• Wildcrafting medicinal herbs for use in distillation
• Distilling of medicinal therapeutic-grade essential oils
• Hydrosols: creation and storage and usage
• Packaging and storage of essential oils for use or sale
• Discussing carrier oils and how to make your own
• Essential oil blends and formulas
• Applications of oils in products
• Several different methods of essential oil distillations
• Working with various forms of botanical materials for a distillation