Skills For Herbalists: The 5-Day Intensive – October 2018
October 22 - 8:00 AM - October 26 - 5:00 PM| $480 – $585
Botany and wildcrafting.
Horticulture and sustainable gardening.
Clinical assessment and nutrition.
Intermediate herbal post disaster medicine for remote environments.
5 days of concentrated training in skills that will help you to become a more comprehensive, confident herbalist.
The common module week is a chance to integrate some of the most important concepts of clinical herbalism into an intensive hands-on environment. Students will get real-world working experience using many of the skills taught in our online courses that extend beyond clinical week trainings.
During this week, we step through each individual subject with approximately one day for each topic.
- For the clinical assessment training, students spend most of a day practicing the physical exam skills we have studied (otoscope auscultation, etc.), and will also work more in-depth than in the normal clinical hours, with a few real clients and case studies.
- Wildcrafting and botany studies will have exercises with keying out certain plants and working through wildcrafting checklists.
- During the horticulture and gardening day, students will perform hands-on work with soil remediation and forest gardening strategies.
- For herbal nutrition day, students will plan, preserve and prepare medicinal foods.
- The post-disaster training day will give students a chance to create disaster plans and run scenarios that includes herbal medicine as well as wilderness first aid.
Course Schedule and Details
Dates: October 22 – 26th, 2018.
Location: N. San Antonio Campus and surrounding areas. *camping is free for enrolled students.
Tuition: Early Bird Tuition is available for $480 until October 1st, 2018.
Regular Tuition is $585
Course Credit: This 5-day intensive is part of the ‘Common’ module that makes up part of the Intermediate Herbal Clinician Program.
Pre-Requisites: This week can be attended by anyone but it is recommended that the student have taken or at least be enrolled in the Herbal Medic Basic.
To register with cash, money order or a check, please send an email to: