While the pandemic is still an ongoing health concern, our state has removed the mask mandate in public places. If you are attending this class, please practice social distancing. We recommend wearing a mask when you are less than 6′ from others as a courtesy for those who are immuno-compromised and their families.
Michael will guide students through many species of native plants that thrive in our climate, and how they can be used in your home apothecary to help support good health.
This will focus mostly on medicinal plants, but we’ll also talk about foraging edible plants when we come across them.
We will cover:
- An introduction to botanical medicine
- Botanical Medicine Making basics
- Working with South Central Texas plants
- A local herb walk
What to bring:
- Comfortable outdoor clothing & shoes
- Something to take notes with
- A camera or cell phone to take photos of plants
- A water bottle, or anything you need to be comfortable outdoors for a few hours