Learn to identify and use medicinal plants from the Central South Texas region!
Plant medicine is all around us! Clinical herbalist Michael Blair will lead a local plant walk that explores the medicinal plants growing right here in our own eco-region.
Michael will guide students through many species of native plants that thrive in our climate, and how they can be used in your home apothecary to help support good health.
This will focus mostly on medicinal plants, but we’ll also talk about foraging edible plants when we come across them.
We will cover:
- An introduction to botanical medicine
- Botanical Medicine Making basics
- Working with South Central Texas plants
- A local herb walk
What to bring:
- Comfortable outdoor clothing & shoes
- Something to take notes with
- A camera or cell phone to take photos of plants
- A water bottle, or anything you need to be comfortable outdoors for a few hours