Join Sam and Suchil Coffman in this 2-hour makers workshop that will explore medicine-making that addresses menopause with a system-wide supportive stance. Students will walk through the steps of making two separate multifractional formulas that can be used together to support
Menopause can greatly alter reproductive and cardiovascular health as the body slows down on hormonal production, revealing a host of symptoms that affect both physical and emotional wellness. This makers workshop will approach menopause not as a pathology or disease, but as a state the body is in that requires new or additional support. The formulas students will create are based on a dual approach of Western herbalism and TCM.
In this workshop, students will learn:
• Reproductive background and the declining cycle of hormones as menopause begins
• How hormonal shifts can change the physical and emotional body
• What traditional Western treatments are normally used to address menopause
• How TCM and Western Herbalism approach treatment of the full body, not symptomatically
• Materia Medica for supportive Western and Chinese herbs
• Techniques for creating two multifractional (multi-stepped) formulas
If you are experiencing menopause, or have a practice with a clientele that struggles with managing menopausal symptoms, this workshop will offer clarity on an approach that can be done independently or in collaboration with traditional treatments.
What We Send You: We send out a box prior to the workshop with ethically wildcrafted herbs and materials you will need for making several formulas. Herbs are only shipped within the US. International shipping is not available for this workshop. International students can request a list of the herbs that we are sending out!