Emergency Childbirth 2-Day Course
July 13 - 9:00 AM - July 14 - 5:00 PM| $150 – $180
Over two days, emergency childbirth students will learn how to address an emergency birth, the complications to expect, gear to have as a part of a birth kit or what to work with from available supplies as well as planning from pre-natal to postpartum care.
This two-day class is part of the Herbal Medics Academy doula certification program that includes hands-on training that can be useful in remote locations, natural disasters or emergency situations when higher care is not available.
Students will learn:
- An overview of practical hands-on skills for Doulas and Emergency Birth Worker
- Prenatal Skills for the expecting mother
- Labor and Birth Support
- Postpartum Support Doula
- Emergency Birth skills to include emergency complications.
Successful completion is based of one-to-one evaluation and participation in scenarios during the 2-day course.
DESCRIPTION OF FULL HERBAL MEDICS ACADEMY DOULA COURSE:
Herbal Medics Academy (HMA) offers a comprehensive Doula Certification Program that combines practical doula knowledge with critical emergency childbirth skills. Students cover an extensive course curriculum of pregnancy, birth and postpartum care and herbal support for women during pregnancy during the doula certification training.
Goals of the HMA Doula/Birth Worker Training:
- Create Doulas who are prepared to support their community. At the completion of the course, an HMA Doula will be ready to start working as a doula as an independent or with an organization/group for income or as a volunteer.
- Create Doula/Herbalists who are proficient in herbal support during the childbearing year. At the completion of the course an HMA Doula will be able to provide herbal counseling for women during the childbearing year.
- Create Emergency Birth Workers who are ready and trained to support their community during a disaster or SHTF situation. At completion of the program, an HMA Doula will be able to provide Disaster Relief as a Doula/Emergency Birth Worker
- Create a group of Doula/Emergency Birth Workers who are willing to assist at Herbal Medics Academy relief programs. At the completion of the course HMA Doulas will be able to assist in HMA programs.
Those who successfully complete the program will be prepared to provide Doula support to a woman and her family during prenatal, birth and postpartum. As the graduate will have a strong foundation as an herbalist specializing in the childbearing year, herbal services can be intertwined with services as a Doula.